Wednesday, March 20, 2013


 I pieced this 13" quilt top using Karen Stone's "Yardbirds Circling the Cat" design.  I used the diagram in the book as a starting point for the eight pointed star, But ended up drafting it myself.  The rest was just free-pieced with no pattern.  So it may kind of look like that quilt, but mostly is something I put together.  It has been sitting around waiting for me to put a border on it.  I haven't really finished anything to put in my guild's quilt show in May.  This was the one thing that was closest to being finished. 
It's possible that it may turn out that a solid fabric may look the best as the binding, but I decided to piece together 1" strips of fabric to make a multi color binding.
 I staggered the strips to eliminate waste.  I wanted the stripes to be on the diagonal, so I made my first cut at a 45 degree angle, and then cut 1 1/4" strips
So it is all ready to be bound, now the hard part.  The quilting.  I do okay on small quilts, I just have such a hard time deciding on a design.  Wish me luck!  Stay tuned!

Teri

No comments:

Post a Comment