Wednesday, April 23, 2014

CHASING LIBERTY

I figure that it is time to show you my newest quilt CHASING LIBERTY.  I started it May 6th of last year.  I finished the piecing on July 4th, but didn't get it all together and quilted until towards the end of the year.  The clamshells on the border are hand appliqued with silk thread and are 3/4". It is quilted with silk thread and each quilting line was stopped and the threads were brought back through the batting, by hand, on the front and the back to avoid back stitches.. I think one of the things that I like the best is the different value background.  That came about by accident.  As I was working on the rest, I had 3 pieces of fabric draped over the top of my table top design wall.  I couldn't decide on a background, so I just cut all three and used them all.

Just thought I would share.  This has turned out to be one of my favorites.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this quilt! You did an excellent job. Is this one paper pieced? Where did you find the pattern. I have done a few miniatures, but not as hard as this is. The clam shells on the border really make it pop! Iris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Iris! I'm glad that you like my quilt. There is no pattern. Just trial and error. Drafted on Graph paper and pieced on a foundation that didn't need to be removed. Makes it a lot easier. I hope that you see this, since you were signed in under anonymous, I couldn't email you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is very beautiful! I know it has been a while since you posted this but I was looking for inspiration for miniature quilts and came across yours. I'm also surprised that you quilt by machine on these small ones, looks great though!
    Groetjes
    Annemieke (from The Netherlands)

    ReplyDelete