Sunday, April 13, 2014

THE DAY HAS COME

Yes, I've put it off as long as I could. The day I will start quilting the lone star.  I'll admit that quilting a piece is my least favorite thing to do.  Mostly because I can't decide on a design. As far as machine quilting goes, you can only know so many tricks.  The main thing is you have to PRACTICE. You have to decide to go in and make mistakes until you get it right.  The funny thing is, I can make mistakes in piecing and rip it all out and start over again, but after I've spent a lot of time piecing something, the last thing I want to do is screw it up with my quilting. Scratch that.. the LAST thing I want to do is pick out quilting.
Anyway, I finally figured out a design.  made true size blocks on graph paper
Then, I will put them on my blocks.  I know that they are just simple feathers, but I need a guide because I love feathers, but I don't practice enough to make them look nice.
This light pad is one of the nicest things that I have ever bought for quilting. ARTOGRAPH LIGHT PAD 17 X 24"  It was pricey, but it gives even light and doesn't get hot.  It is sitting under a sunny window AND a lamp, and it still shines through. 

Keep tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment