Today I worked on borders. I want to scallop the border, but I have the problem of not having large cuts of fabric to get enough for a bias binding. I have a lot to do before I have to worry about that right now.
I sewed this border on. It was my first choice of fabric. It turned out to be too dark and overwhelming.
So I auditioned another border fabric using the darker fabric as a narrow inner border
Instead of taking it all off and starting fresh, I cut it down while it was still attached to the center section. Don't do this. It's lazy, and may not turn out well. I sewed a couple of outer borders on, and it just wasn't looking good. So, although it pained me, and it took an additional hour, I took everything off and re-cut. I cut the inner borders 1" unfinished. And I actually found another print in my stash that is the same as what I intended to use, but it is a little darker and more brown.
I think this is better. And, I got the print to run in the same direction. I think that it will look best running vertically.