Wednesday, February 2, 2011

AUDITIONING QUILT DESIGN

I would love to say that this is my sole idea, but I picked it up somewhere, I have no idea where I saw it.  Anyway, you use upholstery vinyl that I bought in the Home Dec  department at JoAnns.  And you need a dry erase marker.  Try to find one with a thinner tip.
HOW TO AUDITON QUILTING DESIGN
The best part of making a miniature quilt is you only need a small piece to cover the whole quilt top.
USE UPHOLSTERY VINYL
Then you can draw on different ideas for quilting. Even sad looking feathers.
AND DRY ERASE MARKER
And you can wipe away the designs that just don't work.
This is an easy way to figure out what might work, and what won't.

Still figuring it all out.

3 comments:

  1. Good idea to draw on the vinyl. It would work only if I could DRAW. Like they say, Practice, practice, practice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coool!!! I have used the vinyl and a permanent marker to draw patterns from old quilts---but hadn't thought of the erasable pen for auditions! Great tip! Thanks! Your posts are always so wonderful. Your new background is really nice too!

    ReplyDelete