Saturday, September 1, 2012

I'M STILLHERE!!

To Lynne,
I'm still here.  I had surgery on my shoulder after Christmas that turned out to be more extensive than I planned.  Long story short, I am just now back to more or less normal with it.  In between, I tore cartilage in my knee and had surgery on that to. 
So, I just starting piling fabric and stuff on my sewing table and it is such a disaster in my sewing room that I can't think.  I have worked on a few normal sized projects, and I can feel the competition bug nibbling so ideas have been running through my mind.

I'm seriously thinking about getting one of Sally Collins books out and starting from the front and working through some of her projects.  She is a master in small scale piecing, and I can learn a lot from her excellent books.

Luckily, I have a friend that I go to sew with once in a while.  She has a big area to work in, and an extra machine that is like mine, so all I have to do is drag a project with me.  That has kept me inspired. 

I have spent a lot of time knitting because that didn't require holding my arm in an extension.. like across a table, and didn't require leaning on my hand to rotary cut fabric. 

But I am right as rain now, and I am going to get started.  I'm spending a large part of the weekend clearing out my sewing room.

In the meantime, here is a photo of one of the exhibits my friends and I did during "Artist as Quiltmaker" in Oberlin over the summer

1 comment:

  1. It's so good to hear from you! My,you have had a year! I'm glad your recovery in coming along well! I took several classes from Sally Collins.
    Her quilts are truly beautiful (and precise!).

    ReplyDelete