Thursday, January 9, 2014

VORTEX EXPERIMENT

Seven friends and I formed a group almost 10 years ago to concentrate on miniature quilts.. these days it is rare that any one of us drags a sewing machine along, but we still get together every month.  I had an idea that we should make an exhibit of miniature quilts that were only red and white.  Then we decided to add blue and white also.  I love both, but believe it or not there are some people that actually don't like red!!.
I have always wanted to try a miniature vortex quilt.  So I have started experimenting.
I have only one wedge finished but I used my mirror tool to see what it will look like when it is finished.  Not bad.  Might be a little bigger than I would have liked, and I am going to have to try to figure out how to make the very center fit together smoothly.. THAT should prove to be interesting.   Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment