Wednesday, February 5, 2014


I am attempting to make a quilt top with four 5" lone star blocks.  I have pieced each section on a paper foundation.  Which is a good way to get them perfect, although there are tricks even to that as I have tossed a few.  The first block was discarded because I put it together while it was still on the paper which made everything too bulky and stretched the seams so that the thread showed.  I tried again and although I pieced each section on paper, that is where the "easy" part ended.  I decided to remove all of the paper when the block was trimmed up.  I starched and pressed the seams open.  Then I followed the directions for assembly from a Jan Krentz lone star book.  It came together much better and is almost perfect.  One down, three to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment