Monday, March 10, 2014

DESIGN WALL

Kind of moving along on my miniatures for this summer's display.  The Blue and White Vortex was a practice piece, for the red one, I was going to donate it for an auction, but I am not going to be able to get it done in time.. I think that the red one needs some more, and I am noodling that. I got the borders on the top half of the lone stars, I have to make two more blocks with the rest of the borders. Matching those little nine patches with those pieced striped borders was a real pain. Right now, with the borders it measures 14".  I will probably end up putting on a small outer border I think.  

The pickle dish block is a block from a quilt that I have been fiddling with for years.  I love pickle dish, but I really am not loving the colors anymore.  I don't know if I should continue or just orphan it.   

We are expecting MORE snow on Wednesday, maybe I will just stay home and work on the lone star.



No comments:

Post a Comment