Sunday, March 20, 2016

WORKING ON A CHALLENGE QUILT

My friends and I decided to do a challenge using Cherrywood Fabrics.  This is mine.  Still needs to be quilted.  it is so big.. 20" square.  Big in my opinion for a simple design.  Plus using dark purple fabric pieces means  that where they are used, they kind of fade into the background. Oh well, I have another idea in mind.  If I hadn't waited until the last minute to make it, I maybe could have tried something more exciting.  I just have lost my mojo.  I have  been staring at an art quilt on my design wall for a year.  I designed it after I came up with the border idea first. The border is the only thing done.. I know.. it's a backwards idea.  I can't help it. I think that way.. I added a link to instagram on my side column.  It is generally no more exciting than my blog is, but there you have it.  Happy first day of Spring!!!

2 comments:

  1. If that whole thing is 20"x20", those are some pretty small squares, regardless of how large the overall quilt appears to you.
    Love Cherrywood fabrics. What a rich depth of color! And the black makes it all stand out beautifully--even the purple. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teri, it is lovely! I love the dark rich colors! I hope you'll post a photo when it is all quilted.

    ReplyDelete