Wednesday, April 26, 2017

LITTLE BIRDS 13 x 13

It has been forever since I blogged anything.  Actually, it's been forever since I even made a quilt of any kind.  Life just sometimes gets in the way.  I finished this little top so that i could put it in a guild quilt show.  It was a practice piece for another top that I made.  I drafted the small pattern from an illustration in the Karen Stone Book.  The pattern was called Yardbirds Circling the Cat.  I called this one Little Birds.  It was in a drawer for years because I didn't really care for it.  But it was the only thing that I had close to being finished.  So now it hangs in my office so I can look at it and think about when I had time to play...

6 comments:

  1. I think it is a wonderful little quilt. How small is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this quilt- reminds me of how our little group all met

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your quilt and all of the others in your collection. I just got done reading all of your posts from the very beginning and I have learned so much. It is so generous of you to share your tips and tricks. Now to buy a few books and jump into the world of making challenging miniatures. Please continue posting about your adventures with miniatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carly, thank you for your kind comments. I hope that you make a lot of beautiful miniature quilts

      Delete
  4. Your mini Yard birds quilt is amazing! I am in the process of completing this pattern as written (close to three times as large as yours) and the finicky little corners are already so much for me. Your piece is certainly a show stopper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I used the diagram in the book as the pattern for the star.!

      Delete