Wednesday, January 13, 2021

BACK AT IT FOR NOW

 Ive made a list of UFO's to finish this year.  There are several half finished miniature quilts on it.  

I bought this little Christmas case at Homegoods.I thought that it would be a cute decoration next Christmas if I filled it with red and white Miniature quilts.  The only thing is, even though I love red and white quilts, I have actually only made this quilt. 


So I went through my partially made quilts and found this World Without End quilt.  

I have finished all of the red on white blocks and I have moved onto the white on red blocks.  I am piecing them on a leave in foundation which works great if the whole block is pieced as one.. such as with a log cabin, but when piecing 4 units together like this, it adds too much bulk.  it doesn't help that the blocks finish at 1.5".  

I had a whole other idea for layout, but I used a variation of my friend Marcia Hohn's Quilter's Cache Layout for mine.


Her layout does not include a border, so I may leave mine off too.  Anyway, this is my start.  I have absolutely no plans for the remaining quilts.  But I will keep you posted.  If there is actually anyone left out there reading my blog.  


Happy Stitching, 

T


No comments:

Post a Comment