Monday, August 24, 2015

SEWING AGAIN

I hope that no one dies of shock because I have actually posted something.  I have not sat down and turned on my sewing machine since before Easter.  My husband tripped going down the stairs and fractured his leg in three places and was laid up with some sort of cast until after July 4th.  I had spent a lot of my time doing things for him, and just lost the will to do any sewing. 

Anyway, I was pleasantly forced to make a new sleeve for my Kindle because I am displaying my current tumbler block version in a Miniature quilt display that my friends and I are taking part in.
It's nothing special, I just like some added protection for my favorite reading device.

This time, I decided to do a "Miniatures in a Minute" (yeah right) triangle pieced version. 
Although I know that there are easier ways to do this, I cut each piece from some sets of charm squares and sorted them into a box
at first I just put the different colors into a ziplock bag and thought I would randomly choose them.  When I kept pulling out matching pieces, I decided that doing it this way would make it easier to make them 'random'.

It took me most of the day to prepare the foundation and cut the pieces.. okay, I was working on knitting some socks in between. Winter is coming...

 I managed to get a few rows pieced before I needed to get to bed. I will show you my progress.  I probably won't get to work on it again until Wednesday.
Until then, happy sewing!!



3 comments:

  1. That is one well-dressed Kindle! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see a post from you again! I look forward to watching your progress on this sweet little piece. Hope you r hubby is healing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to find your blog this morning as I too love making tiny quilts. What is he foundation you are using in your pic? Thank you, Amie

    ReplyDelete